SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/30/2010 St. Clair County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> St. Clair County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: 9/30/2010 St. Clair County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

St. Clair County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 2:49 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 9/30/2010
Time: 1:42 am
County: SAINT CLAIR
Location Description: Crossing from north to south across Bordman Road about 1/2 west of Miller/Omo Road.
Sighting Description:
It was a foggy night with patches of thick fog along North Ave. and Bordman Road. A lot of active deer and I was driving slow to avoid deer. My headlights stopped 4 or 5 deer along the side of the road along North Ave. and near the corner of North Ave. and Bordman. I was watching for the "red eye" of deer as I was driving. In a thick patch of fog 1/2 mile or so west of Miller/Omo road I saw a large cat silhouette with the long up curved tail cross the road about 15 feet in front of me. I'd estimate the total length from nose to tail about 7 feet long. As it stepped onto the shoulder it looked into the headlights and it's eyes reflected bluish green as it stared at the car and kept walking off the road and into the brush. Unlike most animals "caught" in the headlights it didn't slow down or speed up, just looked at the car and kept walking along and into the brush and then trees. I will go back at sun up with a camera to see if I can photograph any tracks on the shoulder of the road. It was a wet day and foggy night so I am fairly confident I'll find tracks in the light. I am a wildlife educator for Animal Encounters and I have worked with all sorts of big cats over the last 20 years from lynx to tigers including mountain lion/cougars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> St. Clair County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: