SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/02/10 St. Clair County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> St. Clair County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: 8/02/10 St. Clair County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

St. Clair County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 08/02/10
Time: 9:06 PM
County: St Clair
Location Description: My wife and I were westbound on I69 after meeting friends for dinner in Port Huron, MI. We saw a big cat, that was unmistakable and we saw it east of mile marker 193 perhaps a quarter to a half mile going south from the wooded area on the north side of I69.
Sighting Description:
My wife and I had joined friends in Port Huron for dinner who were there while on their sailboat on their way out the St Lawrence Seaway. We left Port Huron for home west of Lansing shortly before 9 PM and not far west of Port Huron in a low wooded area we saw a large cat with a long tail moving across I69 going from North to South. It was overall as long as at least 1/3 of the width of the right lane when we first saw it. There was no mistaking this animal for anything but a big cat. It appeared to be fairly dark in color. I am 64 and my wife is 59 so we have some experience in life. Not a dog, not anything but a big cat. Long tail and it was in no hurry and did not run but rather just moved across the road on its own schedule. No camera but then hard to expect the unexpected. By the way we had root beer with our dinner. I was amazed since we hear about these sightings and there we were. No one probably would believe you but we saw it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> St. Clair County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: